What is Anxiety??
"To hear the phrase "Our only hope" always makes one anxious, because it means if only hope doesn't work, there is nothing left"
- Lemony Snicket, The Blank Book
With the world we live in, slipping into depression became quite common. Anxiety is one of those mental disorders which is found in almost every age group from the adolescents to the adults, Weird? right.
As weird as it may sound it is the face of reality, that we live and lead a life where all that exists is CHAOS and in such chaotic life, we tend to find moments of peace, moments of happiness, moments we remember, as memories.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is an emotion, a negative one, where a person enters and experiences an unpleasant state of inner turmoil, usually involves a nervous behavior, a natural dread over anticipated situations. it can also be defined as the body's natural response action to stress or fear. Anxiety is such an emotional state where a person is blinded by anger, fear and an outrage of temper bottled within a person.
There are a lot of ways for a person to handle the anxiety, but the most common ones are -
- An emotional burst out;
- Silent Treatment.
For someone to choose an emotional burst out, the person tends to bottle up all the emotions, like rage and anger, disappointment, stress until he/she can't take it anymore, and blasts out like a volcano!
Then there comes a person who likes to give the silent treatment, the ones who want to be left alone for sometime because they are willing to control their emotions and not hurt anyone with their words and actions. Differs from person to person, and how the person wishes to handle the anxiety.
Types of Anxiety?
- Panic Disorder Panic attacks are the most common type of disorders, where a person has a an "Episode" of intense fear that triggers various kinds of physical reactions, such as numbness, breathlessness, sweat and a lot of shiver.
- Phobia The fear of loosing control, over the situation, mind or body, or maybe over a specific object or activity, can say the phobia of having a panic attack.
- Social Anxiety Disorder Anxiety or fear over the assumption of not being accepted in the society, in other words, extreme fear of being judged or criticized at, by others in a social situation.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Some traumatic event happened in the past, might create a phobia-like image in the mind, causing stress and anxiety.
Symptoms of Anxiety-
- Difficulty in sleeping;
- Trouble in concentration;
- Restlessness, sweat and shivering;
- Tiredness, lethargic;
- Excessive worrying;
- Overthinking of a situation or an event;
- Having no control over the thoughts;
- Reduced thought-process etc.
If a person has anxiety disorder, he/she may also be depressed the same time or might even slip into one, if not yet slipped.Having anxiety is said to be one of the mental issues, a person can face, and anxiety paves the way for other deadly disorders, mental problems. While both the problems are different, the symptoms are somewhat the same, the treatment can be the same too, therapy/counseling, medication, lifestyle changes.
Natural Remedies/ Treatments for Anxiety -
- Getting minimum 8 hours of sleep;
- Exercising, staying active one way or another;
- Avoiding any smoking drinking habits, it is not a healthy way to handle stress, buy consuming alcohol or smoking cigarettes;
- Following a balanced diet plan;
- Avoid Stressing or overthinking of past or future events, as none of them are in your control, live the present and only in the present;
- Acknowledgement about the relaxation techniques like yoga that relaxes the mind;
- Use of Affirmations like "This is my day", "Keep the negative at bay" (Something my father says, when I'm dealing with anxiety).
- Learn how to handle and manage the stress and pressure, from all around you;
- Surround yourself with people who are your "support system" someone you can talk to, about your issues;
- And finally, Replace the negative thoughts, with the positive ones, overthink the positive events, situations and thoughts.
It all comes down to one point, if you let someone or something, bother you, hurt you, it will do the same, and if you don't allow it to affect you, it won't.
So, Let the positive in, allow yourself to feel the beauty of life, let it show what a great adventure life can be! No negativity, no worry or overthinking, Tell yourself -
"I am worth and deserving of every ounce of Happiness, Positivity and Bliss, life is"
And it is never too late to learn from your mistakes, and Start all over again!
Life is all about Second chances, so take the risk, uncover the secret sides of you, discover the very new version of yourself! Love it! Live it!
Stay True; Stay Positive Folks!
Happy Monday Blues!